MS & LR No. 946, built 1888

No. 946 6-wheel 5-compartment carriage built by Manchester Sheffield & Lincolnshire Railway (precursor to the GCR) at the Gorton Manchester works to Parker design. Donated by Robert Drage and Tony Keeble. Former LN&ER camping coach No. CC15,it ended its working days at Stratford locomotive works, being used as a boiler tube store and was then damaged in a Territorial Army exercise. Dedicated in 2015 to the Royal Scots Regiment who lost 225 soldiers in the worst ever UK rail accident, this vehicle is newly restored and has currently had its first outing but has yet to be cleared for passenger carrying.

READ ABOUT 946’S 15 YEAR, METICULOUS REBUILD PROGRAMME: 946 A Short History

2016-09-25 946’s 1st outing